(Click image for a larger view)
|ASA's FAA-approved Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic (FIRC) provides everything flight instructors (CFIs) need to renew their flight instructor certificate for 2 years. This convenient home-study course brings the classroom to the home or office and lets instructors renew their certificate at their own pace, and in the comfort and privacy of their own place.|
The ASA FIRC features internet-based evaluation, resources and course tracking, supported with professional multi-media presentations from the producers of ASA’s Virtual Test Prep series. A comprehensive review of recent changes in rules and procedures affecting general aviation and flight instruction ensures instructors have the most current information, are aware of the FAA’s areas of emphasis, and receive the most innovative instructional techniques.
Paperwork processing is handled at no additional charge. Qualified graduates can either complete the renewal with their local FSDO or use ASA’s ACR-approval.
Course contents meet Advisory Circular (AC) 61-83 requirements:
- Stage 1 Industry Trends and Standards: Safety Trends in General Aviation, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Security-Related Special Use Airspace, Sport Pilot
- Stage 2 Professional Educator: FAA Industry Training Standards (FITS), FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam), Pilot Proficiency Wings Program, Integrated Airman Certification/Rating Application (IACRA), Effective Teaching, Risk Management/Risk Intervention Strategies
- Stage 3 Aircraft Operations: Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA), GPS Navigation, Aircraft Operational Limitations, Takeoffs/Landings/Low Altitude Maneuvering, Runway Incursions
- Stage 4 Electives: Practical Test Preparation, Instructor Professionalism, Flight Information Publications (applicants have the option to replace these
- Stage 4 lessons with approved flight activity — as described in the course contents)
Visit http://www.prepware.com/firc for a complete course description, frequently asked questions and to get started.